This guide has instructions for the use our most common standard classroom configuration.
Classroom Technology User Guide
Nearly all of our classrooms have built in teaching technology. In all the classrooms with technology, you will find:
- A Windows or Mac PC
- Keyboard and Mouse on a slide out tray.
- Monitor on an articulating arm
- Document Camera
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Support
- HDMI Connection
- VGA connection
- Audio connection
- Classroom Technology Control Panel.
- Apple TV
- Support for Airplay on Apple and iOS products.
The Classroom Technology Control Panel gives you control over the many features of the Classroom Technology system.
- On - Turns system on
- Off - Turns system off
- Pic Mute - Blanks out the Image (this button may be labeled “AV Mute” in some locations)
- Lights On/Off - Controls the lights above the screen (not used in all rooms)
- Freeze On/Off -Freezes the image on the projector screen
- Volume – Adjusts the volume
- PC - Displays the instructor computer located in the podium
- Laptop VGA - Displays a device connected to the VGA Cable
- Laptop HDMI- Displays a device connected to the HDMI Cable
- Doc Cam - Display from the document camera
- Apple TV – Displays the Apple TV
All rooms with Classroom Technology have connection for BYOD support you can connect devices such as Laptops, Tablets, etc. to be displayed on the screen. The connections are stored in the “Cable Cubby” located on the podium.
- Electrical Outlet- Can be used for laptop power adapter or similar device
- Stereo Audio Connector- Can be connected to the headphone or line out of a Laptop or similar device
- VGA Cable- connects to VGA out on laptop or other similar devices. (Press “Laptop VGA” button on the Classroom Control Panel to display)
- HDMI Cable- connects to HDMI out on laptop or similar device (where available) (Press “Laptop HDMI” button on the Classroom Control Panel to display)
The Document Camera can be used to display many different things, such as books, experiments, math problems, or anything else onto the projection screen.
- To use the Document Camera press the “Doc Cam” button on the Classroom Technology Control Panel
Basic Document Camera Controls:
- Power Button- Toggles the unit on or off
- Adjustment ring- Allows you to adjust the brightness and the zoom
- Zoom is controlled by pressing Left or right.
- Brightness is controlled by pressing up or down.
- The center button is not used
- Lamp button- Toggles the illumination lamp on or off.
- For normal operation, the remaining functions are not typically used.
Using Apple TV
You can use AirPlay for videos, music, or photos from a variety of locations on your iOS 7 device, including from within the Photos, Videos, Safari, and Music apps.
To connect to the Apple TV in your classroom
- On the Podium, select the Apple TV button from the Classroom Technology Control Panel.
- For more information on using apple TV See Apple TV User Guide
M3750 Has two screens that both display the same image and a touch display that can be used for on screen annotation.
- This room uses a Touch Control Panel that has been configured to be an exact representation of the Classroom Control Panel.
- This operates the same way as the Standard Classrooms.
- The Control Panel, PC, and DVD/VCR sit inside of a cabinet behind the podium.
- Sometimes the doors will be shut, Just open it anytime that you need to use the Classroom technology