Top 10 Tech Tips for Students
USERNAMES & PASSWORDS
- Your network username (used to access computers on campus) is your S#. Your password is initially set to StudentMMDDYYYY where MMDDYYYY is your date of birth (e.g. Student09231999).
- Your username for myACC and other services like D2L is your S#. Your myACC password is the same as your network password.
- Change your password from these initial defaults as soon as possible. The new passwords must be 14 or more characters and must include three of the following four items: Uppercase letter, Lowercase letter, Number, Special Character (! @ % ^ & * _ - )
WiFi ACCESS ON CAMPUS
- Use the “ACC” wifi network on campus. This is an open network; no password or username is required to use the “ACC” wifi network.
HELPFUL TECH TOOLS (available to students who are actively registered for classes at ACC)
- Office 365: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, Email, and other tools are available through myACC. We recommend you use OneDrive to store and share files.
- Outlook App: Download the Outlook app and synch your ACC student email to it
- Visit the Google PlayStore or Apple App Store on your mobile device
- Download the Microsoft Outlook app
- Click “Get Started,” then enter your full ACC student email address
- You will be prompted to enter your myACC login credentials (S# and associated password)
- Turn off “Focused Inbox” (click he Menu icon, click the Settings icon, turn off Focused Inbox)
- Printing: You receive a $25 printing credit at the beginning of each semester. Printing costs
$0.10 per page for black & white, $0.25 for color. If you run out, you can add to your account at the Cashier’s Office (Littleton Campus, main building, 2nd floor).
- Help Yourself! Trouble accessing a computer on campus; reset your own network password:
- Login to myACC
- Click on the Training & Technology tab
- Locate the “Classroom Computer Login Reset” section (left column)
- Enter a new password in the “New Password” and “Confirm Password” fields
- Click the “Reset my Active Directory Password” button
- 24/7 support with myACC access, student email access, D2L course access, call 1.888.800.9198.
- Online Course questions and resources, or D2L course access, can be directed to eLearning 303.797.5080 or email email@example.com .
- Bonus! The ACC-IT Helpdesk can assist with wifi access, classroom computers, printing and open lab computers. Visit http://helpdesk.arapahoe.edu for a knowledgebase of helpful hints, or call 303.797.5700, ext. 1283199.