Now that the migration to the shared Microsoft 365 environment is complete, it is time to transfer your Microsoft Sway documents.
Unfortunately, the analytics associated with each sway will remain in the original location and cannot be migrated with the Sway to the new environment.
You will need to use two separate web browsers, like Google Chrome and Firefox, and/or Edge to complete these steps.
1. Open the web browser that you do not normally use, and go to https://office.com/
2. Sign-in using this alternate version of your credentials.
a. Username: [email protected]
b. Password: Your myACC password.
3. Once signed in, click on the Sway icon on the left-hand navigation bar, or go to: https://sway.office.com/my
4. Click on the sway you wish to migrate to open it in Edit view.
a. Make sure that it is in Edit view.
5. Click on the three dot menu in the upper right corner of the window.
6. Click on Settings for this Sway.
7. Check the box next to Viewers and co-authors can duplicate this Sway.
8. Click on the X to close the Settings window.
9. Click on the Share button.
10. Click the button next to Anyone with a link.
11. Click on the button to allow those with the link to edit.
12. Click the copy button.
13. Open the web browser that you normally use and sign into Microsoft 365 (https://office.com) with your Arapahoe email address and your myACC password.
14. Paste the link that you just copied into the address bar, and press Enter.
15. If you see a sign in prompt, enter your myACC email address.
a. You will not need to enter your password again and the Sway should begin to load.
16. Wait for the Sway document to load.
17. When prompted, click on the Edit button.
18. Click on the three dot menu in the upper right corner of the window.
19. Click on Duplicate this Sway.
20. Enter a new name for the Sway or leave the name as is.
21. Click on the Duplicate button.
22. When the duplication process is complete, click on either the Go To My Sways, or Edit it now buttons to close the window.
Congratulations, you have just migrated your Sway document to the shared environment!
If there are more Sways that you wish to migrate, go back to the browser window that is logged in to the old M365 environment (with the onmicrosoft.com login) and repeat steps 4 through 22.
Any questions? Contact the ACC IT Helpdesk at 303-797-5900 or email [email protected] for further assistance.