A user had the Duo mobile app installed on their smart phone and used the app as their multi-factor authentication option.
The user purchased a new phone with same phone number.
The Duo mobile app has been removed or deactivated on the new phone.
How to reactivate the Duo mobile app
1. If the Duo mobile app has been removed from the new phone, install the Duo mobile app from the Apple app store for Apple iOS or the Google play store for Android phones.
2. Go to https://cccs.login.duosecurity.com/ and enter the email address and click the Next button. Then enter the password and click the Login button.
3. In the Duo self-service portal, click My Settings & Devices. Multi-factor authentication must be completed in order to add or update settings. Because the new phone has the same phone number, the user can choose either Call Me or Enter a Passcode to complete multi-factor authentication. Follow Step 3b or Step 3c in this knowledgebase article to complete multi-factor authentication.
4. On the My Settings & Devices page, click the Device Options button and then click the Reactivate Duo Mobile button.
5. Starting at Step 6, follow the instructions in this knowledgebase article to complete the Duo Mobile reactivation.