ACC encourages you to use OneDrive to store your files and documents for easy access anywhere in the world. Every Faculty, Staff and Student has 1TB of cloud-based storage on OneDrive as part of our Office365 software package.
Accessing OneDrive from a web browser
You can access Microsoft OneDrive in two ways. You can use Office 365 with a web browser or install the desktop app. Let’s start by accessing OneDrive via a browser.
- In a browser, visit the Microsoft Office365 portal (https://portal.office.com)
- Use your ACC email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your student email address (email@example.com) to sign into the Office 365 portal and click next
- Enter your password. Even though you used your email address instead of an S Number, this is your regular password you use for other ACC services
- You have an option to "Stay signed in." If you are on your own computer, it may save time to click Yes. If you are on a public computer, click No
- Once you're logged in, you will see there are many Office 365 tools available to you. To use OneDrive, click the OneDrive icon to see your files and folders.
Once you see your files and folders, you can work with them, move them about, or create new files and folders.
- Click New to see a drop-down menu to create new files or folders. If you're creating new files, you can use the Office 365 tools like Word and Excel to edit them right in your web browser
- You can also upload files to OneDrive from your computer or device using the Upload button
- Right-clicking on a file or folder opens a pop-up menu with all sorts of options for working with your folders and files, including deleting, moving, downloading and sharing
- Clicking Share will let you send a link to the file to a collaborator who can then access the file via download or their own OneDrive
- When you select Share, you can enter an email address and click the Share button to send a link to the file to someone else
Setting up OneDrive on your ACC-provided device
OneDrive should be installed on all Windows 10 computers on campus. If OneDrive isn't visible on your computer, contact the Help Desk.
- Click on the Start menu and select OneDrive (Note: do not select OneDrive for Business if it is available
- If this is the first time you have used OneDrive, your computer may go through an installation process
- In the dialog box that opens, login with your ACC email address and network password
- You may be asked if you will be using a personal account or Work or School account. Select Work or School
- Click Next through OneDrive’s introduction material, then select Sync all files and folders… in the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC window
- Click Next
You should now see your OneDrive in the Windows Explorer, and you can use it just like any folder on your computer.