ACC encourages you to use OneDrive to store files that don’t contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Every Faculty, Staff and Student has 1TB of cloud-based storage on OneDrive as part of our Office365 software package.
You can access Microsoft OneDrive in two ways. You can use Office 365 with an internet browser or install the desktop app.
Let’s start by accessing OneDrive via an internet browser.
- In a browser, go to http://portal.office.com
- Login using your ACC Email and Network password
- On the main page, select the OneDrive shortcut.
In OneDrive you can create a new folder or file in a few ways
- Right clicking on the Files screen and choosing New
- Click on the Upload option and browse to the folder or file that you want to upload
- Drag a file or folder onto the browser window
After a folder or file uploads completely, you can share by right-clicking on it and choosing Share
- Type the ACC email address of the person with whom you wish to share
- Insert a comment if you'd like
- Click Send
- An email will be sent with a link to the folder or file you've shared
- The recipient can download the folder or file to their computer, or work on it and save it withing OneDrive
Setting Up OneDrive On Your ACC-provided Computer
OneDrive should be installed on all Windows 10 computers on campus. If OneDrive isn't visible on your computer, contact the Help Desk.
- Click on the Start menu and select OneDrive (Note: do not select OneDrive for Business if it is available
- If this is the first time you have used OneDrive, your computer may go through an installation process
- In the dialog box that opens, login with your ACC email address and network password
- You may be asked if you will be using a personal account or Work or School account. Select Work or School
- Click Next through OneDrive’s introduction material, then select Sync all files and folders… in the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC window
- Click Next
You should now see your OneDrive in the Windows Explorer, and you can use it just like any folder on your computer.