Multi-factor authentication (MFA, sometimes referred to as two-factor authentication or 2FA): Passwords can be easily compromised - MFA immediately increases your account security by requiring multiple forms of verification to prove your identity when signing into an application. MFA will increase the security of ACC and will protect the vital data of our staff and students.
NOTE: This will only impact Office 365 and does not affect OWA email. However, OWA will require a separate Multifactor Authentication method via DUO.
NOTE 2: You will have the opportunity to configure MFA with the following choices: Authenticator App, Phone, Alternate Phone, Email, Office Phone.
(Please go to Microsoft MFA - Device Management Portal to access the device manager for MFA.)
We recommend that after completing the initial MFA setup to set up another authentication method in case something happens to your phone.
1) Once MFA has been activated by ACC please go to www.office.com and sign in, you will then see the following image:
( For best results please use a computer to proceed with the MFA setup. )
2) Enter your primary password:
3) Install the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- *If you wish to use an alternative app please choose "I want to set up a different authenticator app". The alternative app is Google Authenticator and the setup steps for both are the same.
- **If you want to use an email or phone as the authentication method please choose "I want to set up with a different method" at the bottom: Click here to learn more about setting up Phone for MFA
4) When the method has been selected the next steps will configure your app to work with MFA.
5) Use the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device to scan the QR code. This will connect the Microsoft Authenticator app with your account:
6) Once approved you may proceed to the next step:
7) Confirm success.
Once MFA has been successfully setup you will be required to authenticate with the device chosen when signing in and using Office 365 products with ACC.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone's data safe!
Any questions? Contact the ACC IT Helpdesk at 303-797-5900 or email [email protected] for further assistance.