To sign a PDF document or form, you can type, draw, or insert an image of your handwritten signature. You can also add text, such as your name, company, title, or the date.
When you save the document, the signature and text become part of the PDF.
- Type: Type your name in the field. You can choose from a small selection of signature styles; click Change Style to view a different style.
- Draw: Draw your signature in the field.
- Image: Browse and select an image of your signature.
- Save Signature: When this check box is selected, and you're signed in to Acrobat Reader or Acrobat, the added signature is saved securely in Adobe Document Cloud for reuse.
By default, the signature color is black. To retain the default color of the signature, make sure the Retain Original Color For Signature option is unchecked.
How to Fill a PDF Document
1. Open the PDF document or form that you want to sign.
2. Click the Sign icon in the toolbar. Alternatively, you can choose Tools > Fill & Sign or choose Fill & Sign from the right pane.
3. The Fill & Sign tool is displayed. Click Fill and Sign.
4. The form fields are detected automatically.
5. Hover the mouse over a field to display a blue box.
6. Click anywhere in the blue box, the cursor will be placed at the right position automatically.
7. Type your text to fill the field.
9. You can choose your desired color to fill the PDF form.
10. Click the color button in the Fill & Sign menu and choose your desired color.
How to Sign a PDF document
1. Click the Sign icon in the toolbar, and then choose whether you want to add your signature or just initials.
a. If you have already added signatures or initials, they are displayed as options to choose from.
b. If you've already added your signature or initials, just select it from the Sign options, and then click at the place in the PDF where you want to add your signature. Skip to the next step.
c. If you are signing for the first time, you see the Signature or Initials panel. Below is an example of the Signature panel.
2. Click Apply, and then click at the place in the PDF where you want to place the signature or initial.
3. To move the placed signature or initial, click the field to highlight it and then use the arrow keys. To resize or delete the field, use the options in field toolbar.
For more information on filling your form, see Fill out your PDF form.